Join World Services in creating a world neighborhood!
If you would like to change the world, “one handshake at a time”, please consider these opportunities to volunteer with World Services:
Volunteer as a Home Host:
- Does your family want to learn more about how families live in other countries?
- Do you want to make a real impact on citizen to citizen friendship between the U.S. and another country?
- Do you have an extra bedroom – would you be willing to serve as a home host for a delegate visiting with one of our exchange programs?
- Are you able to provide a world neighbor with breakfast and share the evening meal with your family?
- Would you transport your guest to / from a central meeting place each morning and evening of the business week for their professional program during the day?
- Are you interested in sharing your summer activities with family, friends, and the Coulee Region community with a neighbor from another culture?
If you do not have an extra bedroom, World Services invites your family to consider helping our host families with hospitality hosting:
- Invite our delegation to a community event with your family and friends.
- Help our host families who may need transportation assistance, or providing an evening dinner and social activity for participants.
- Do you like to shop? Help our friends find special gifts to take home.
- Invite delegates to your family picnic, baseball outing, concert in the park, etc.
Please contact World Services of La Crosse if your family is able to host a delegate(s) for some portion of their visit to the United States. World Services works with local hosting organizations in over twenty states; please contact us to inquire about home hosting opportunities in your community.
Other Volunteer Opportunities with World Services:
- Cultural tour guide of the area
- Orient volunteer host families
- Home host for an evening meal, community event, or overnight stay
- Program facilitator during professional visits
- Web site design and information update support
- Professional resource
- Office volunteer
- Recruit volunteers
- Assist with shopping and group social activities
- Provide interpreter services for social events
- Make a financial contribution or other in-kind goods
For additional information about these volunteer opportunities with World Services of La Crosse, Inc., please call 608-781-4194 or contact:
-Deborah Lutjen: email@example.com
-Maureen Jameson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Citizen Diplomacy – Volunteer today!
“You give international visitors a chance to see America at our best, to see our warmth and our base of diversity, and our conviction that searching discussion and sincere exchanges of views can yield tangible results… As citizen diplomats, you bring world issues home to the American people in the most direct way possible.”
— Secretary of State Colin Powell, 2002