Professional & Leadership Development
People make the difference-the knowledge and skills of people drive outcomes, so World Services emphasizes opportunities for professional development in many projects. For example, in Kharkiv Oblast, Ukraine, World Services has:
- Developed a Family Medicine Program at the Kharkiv Post Graduate Medical Academy
- Supported the start of a professional nursing education program at the Kharkiv Medical Academy
- Provided consultation in developing the Kharkiv Nursing Association that now has over 5,000 members and offers educational meetings on a regular basis
- Opened a Learning Resource Center where physicians and nurses work collaboratively and continue their on-going education in evidence-based medicine
- Established a network of cities that can work together to promote economic development based on tourism and new revenue for their communities
The value of these services can best be described by those who have been a part of the World Services program:
"This was the biggest experience of my life; the professional growth I experienced and learning the methods of training people. This experience changed my professional vision."
- Chuguev, Ukraine Rayon physician: Nikolay Proskurnin, M.D., Village of Korobochkino.