If you would like to change the world, “one handshake at a time”, please consider these opportunities to volunteer with World
Thanks to all citizen diplomat volunteers who have welcomed international visitors into their homes. The cultural immersion with American families is a core component of professional exchange programs managed by World Services in partnership with the Open World Leadership Center.
Volunteer as a Home Host:
- Does your family want to learn more about how families live in other countries?
- Do you want to make a real impact on citizen to citizen friendship between the U.S. and another country?
- Do you have an extra bedroom – would you be willing to serve as a home host for a delegate visiting with one of our exchange programs?
- Are you able to provide a world neighbor with breakfast and share the evening meal with your family?
- Would you transport your guest to / from a central meeting place each morning and evening of the business week for their professional program during the day?
- Are you interested in sharing your summer activities with family, friends, and the Coulee Region community with a neighbor from another culture?
If you do not have an extra bedroom, World Services invites your family to consider helping our host families with hospitality hosting:
- Invite our delegation to a community event with your family and friends.
- Help our host families who may need transportation assistance, or providing an evening dinner and social activity for participants.
- Do you like to shop? Help our friends find special gifts to take home.
- Invite delegates to your family picnic, baseball outing, concert in the park, etc.
Please contact World Services of La Crosse if your family is able to host a delegate(s) for some portion of their visit to the United States. World Services works with local hosting organizations in over twenty states; please contact us to inquire about home hosting opportunities in your community. For more information contact Deb Lutjen.
Other Volunteer Opportunities with World Services:
- Cultural tour guide of the area
- Home host for an evening meal, community event, or overnight stay
- Program facilitator during professional visits
- Web site design and information update support
- Professional resource
- Office volunteer
- Recruit volunteers
- Assist with shopping and group social activities
- Provide interpreter services for social events
- Make a financial contribution or other in-kind goods